Thursday 22 August 2013

Pfc. Bradley Manning reveals plans to live life as woman, begin hormone therapy ‘as soon as possible’


HANDOUT/REUTERS
The former Army private will now live as Chelsea E. Manning, seen in this previously leaked photo donning a blond wig, lipstick and eye shadow.

Army Pfc. Bradley Manning intends to spend the rest of his life as a woman and "begin hormone therapy as soon as possible" his lawyer revealed today.

"I am Chelsea Manning. I am female," the Army private wrote in a bombshell letter sent by his attorney to NBC one day after his sentence to 35 years in prison.

"Given the way that I feel, and have felt since childhood, I want to begin hormone therapy as soon as possible. I hope that you will support me in this transition," his statement read.

No comments: