Wednesday 1 May 2013

I Can't Wait To Get Old When...


Young age is really sweet, no doubt about it. Though I have not gotten old yet but I know old age will  really be the sweetest.
The other day I took my mum to eye check up all the way from Onitsha to Onitsha Ngwa in Abia state. We went with a private car. She stretched herself in total comfort. I did almost everything for her at the hospital. Finally I settled the bill. She only owe me appreciation.
She didn't know in the list how much I was in jealous of her stage in life...She is not really old but at least, she have come of age. I remembered when we were small when she normally carries basket on her head back from market on foot making sure that her children is really OK despite our poverty level...I'm grateful to God Almighty.
I am among her last issues. She knew when I was still very small and totally dependent on her but I am left to handle complex situations and surely I must deliver.
Well...let me leave you to dream until you get a clear picture of the kind of joy she is into now. She is indeed a good loving woman and I believe that life is paying her back.
Is it not a great privilege denied to many???

No comments: